We focus our work in three key areas, because nurturing the potential of kids, helping people live healthier, and supporting our neighbors are fundamental to strengthening communities.
The New COPLEY-PRICE FAMILY YMCAAfter serving the Mid City community for 65 years, the last 56 years from the Landis Street facility, The Copley Family YMCA soon will have a new home, and what a home it will be!
- Aquatics Center: One indoor and one outdoor lap and competition pool with splash pad
- 7,500 square foot fitness center with cross-training and free weights
- Three group exercise studios with one dedicated to studio cycling
- Teen Center
- Community Meeting Room
- Soccer Arena
- Gymnasium with a full size basketball court.
- Family Picnic Area
- Demonstration Kitchen
- Social Lobby
- Computer Lab
- School-age child care center
- On-site, enclosed parking garage with 300 parking spaced and room dedicated for bicycles.
- The new Y will be a "Silver LEED" certified facility.
Facility Open Date
The opening of the new Copley-Price Family YMCA is projected for December 2014!
For More Information
This website will be updated on a regular basis. For more information, please contact Executive Director, Leticia Leos at firstname.lastname@example.org or 619 283 2251.
In late 2010, Robert Price, president of Price Charities, approached the Copley Y with an amazing offer: to donate the former Pearson Ford Dealership site at El Cajon Blvd and Fairmount Avenue, a 3.7 acre parcel on which to build a new YMCA. The Price family has dedicated the better part of two decades in developing the City Heights community; Price Charities purchased the former Pearson Ford site in 2009. Mr. Price shared the vision of a new and expanded YMCA as a vehicle through which people of diverse backgrounds will come together and participate in programs that emphasize youth development, healthy living and social responsibility.The larger, more accessible location will offer a state-of-the art facility that will be named the Copley-Price Family YMCA in recognition of the major support provided by the Copley and Price families to make this new Y possible.